Call for Papers Project Quality Day
For the third year running, Eclipse Con Europe (25th-27th October) will offer a full-day event dedicated to quality – the Project Quality Day (Weds 26th October). The call for papers is now open, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
The past two years have seen excellent topics from various aspects of quality in projects, including:
- Testing with Xtend
- Exploratory testing
- Agile testing
- Unit testing and refactoring
- User experience
- Architecture analysis
This year we’re again looking for talks on how you test your applications, what cool processes / tools / methodologies you’re using and how quality is seen and experienced in your teams.
The only limiting factor is that we’re more interested in practical quality as opposed to theoretical explanations. We like case studies, examples and demos. Apart from that, feel free to tell us about your experiences, challenges and victories in areas like:
- Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance testing
- Functional and non-functional testing (e.g. security, performance, …)
- Testing in difficult or bleeding-edge situations – challenges in IOT testing for example
- Integrating testing into the team via tools (Continuous Integration, Docker, Virtualisation) or processes (agile, TDD, BDD)
- Quality aspects other than dynamic testing (reviews, static test techniques, workflows, source code analysis)
- How you monitor and react to quality in your teams
We’d like to get a good mix of talks from various areas as well as from the Eclipse community and testing community. If you’re unsure about a topic’s suitability, then feel free to contact me via twitter (@alex_schl) to get my email address.
Your talks will be selected by a great program committee: Begona Laibarra from SQS Spain, Boris Baldassari from Castalia Solutions and me as Program Chair.
The deadline for early bird selection is June 30th and the final deadline is July 18th. We can’t wait to hear from you!